I’m in love with Bali! Taken away by the peacefulness and the proud stillness of this beautiful land. Tucked away in the middle of nowhere, I stand weightless in solitude, silence and in ” just be ” of this moment. Without phone, tv or pc, one, starts to really hear his soul and his whole being becomes free and light. I loved exploring Bali with it’s amazing people, musical and artistic culture, sacred traditions and healing powers of this magical place. I left a big part of my heart here and took part of it’s magic with me forever!
- Stayed at an amazing place, sorrounded by nature.
- Mind-Body-Soul experiences
- Children of Sedemen helped me cross river
3 Angels of Sedemen
- Did “Melukat” with locals ( Cleansing Ceremony )
Me during ” Melukat “. This ceremony aims to cleanse and purify the human body and soul and to avoid havoc, bad luck and sickness.
- Tried World’s most expensive coffee Kopi Luwak
- Tried Ginseng coffee at the coffee plantation and got addicted to it
- Saw Kecak Dance
Men chanting during “Kecak” dance.
- Swam and played with Dolphin ( otherworldly! )
Shall we dance?
- Was given a ride by an Elephant
We’re both playing harmonica
- Got up close and personal with Monkeys of The Monkey Forest in Ubud
“When we get out of the glass bottle of our ego and when we escape like the squirrels in the cage of our personality and get into the forest again, we shall shiver with cold and fright. But things will happen to us so that we don’t know ourselves. Cool, unlying life will rush in.” – D. H. Lawrence
Yes, they are real..
- Skinny dipping in the Ocean and Waterfall
Into The Wild
- Watched Cremation Ceremony
One of the most spectacular ceremonies in Bali is probably the cremation ceremony. In Balinese this ceremony is called Ngaben.
- Visited Balinese Healer ( A singular experience! )
Amazing Balinese healer Tjokorda Gede Rai
- Got tangled up with Python
There’s nothing to worry about! Really, it’s only a Python..
- Got a blessing from local Priest by the holly springs at the 15th Century Tanah Lot Sanctuary
Tanah Lot Temple Blessing
- Got lost and ended up by the house where black magic is performed ( I could sense the weird energy around it )
Black magic house in Sedemen.
- Got a special Balinese bracelet and necklace made by my new friends for luck and to keep bad karma away
- Visited several Temples and Holly Springs
Tanah Lot Temple
Holly Springs. “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- Had a toast to my dad ( 8 years since he passed away )
- Playing hide and seek with nature
- Completely lost sense of time
- Remembering, Healing, Forgetting
- Becoming ONE with nature
“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
- It’s liberating being timeless, weightless and endless
- “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
| August – September 2010