Love is the only truth of civilizations, everything else is a lie. ~ Elena Levon
“Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.” ~ Franz Kafka
( Click on the highlighted areas below for a story )
” 30 years ”
1. Born a month early (patience has never been my virtue)
I will always be against wars… all wars! I am pro PEACE, LIGHT & LOVE for our beautiful universe, for all religions and for all human souls, regardless of color. I am anti any kind of genocide against humanity. I will always stand with people who are being attacked. If the people in power of our world, didn’t want wars and murder, there would be none. If you want to know where the power is, ask who you can not criticize. We live in a world where you can be jailed, attacked, tortured, harassed, blacklisted or even murdered for speaking the truth. I am fearless, because Truth it is the best cause to die for. My soul can not be bought.
3. Bilingual – Russian & English
5. Raised by never married, separately living parents. My father, died of cancer when I turned 18. All my life have been
trying to heal palmar & plantar Hyperhidrosis and a very “exiting” bouquet of other health problems, which have altered my life in unfair and at times very cruel ways.
6. I’m a Cultural Chameleon, but not a spy ( so stop asking )
7. Love being on the road with as less stuff as possible & embrace solo travel.
9. Believe in Compassion & Giving back
10. Not good with planning, but know how to Travel The World on the cheap and got rid of my “bucket list” & TV. Will never have a twitter, pinterest or facebook accounts.
17. Got up, close and personal with monkeys in Bali.
18. Zip-lined in Costa Rica
19. Almost got married several times and one of them was to a beautiful woman ~ I fall in love with a soul, not gender.
21. A true Minimalist ~ My closet is always half empty, because I recycle clothes and donate them & love to spend money in thrift stores. Buying hundreds or thousands of dollars stuff in order to look classy, stylish and expensive won’t work, if you don’t know how to wear a 20 dollar dress and look like a million bucks…
22. Got really close to Gorillas in The Mist
23. Persuaded a manager of the bank to open it on a Sunday morning in Zanzibar.
24. What I love ; coffee, Frank Sinatra, Juliette Binoche, dancing, black color clothing, people watching, Honest Films, ARTIST’S , antiques & Blues. But not a big fan of shopping & beauty salons — do my own hair, nails and make up, thank you very much.
25. Quit smoking “cold turkey” in 2008 after smoking for 10 years and have been smoke free ever since. (however, I do miss a good cigar sometimes) December 2014 smoking update: smoking occasionally.. relapsed in Cuba.. (how can you not smoke in Cuba?! ))
26. Stepped over the railing at“The Peak” in Hong Kong.
27. Have 0 interest in having a “normal life”. Abnormal is normal for me. I’m the one who swims against the tide. You will never see me wearing those shoes with red soles and I don’t understand beauty magazines, but I dig Nietzsche.
28. Spent my 28th Birthday in the highest dunes of Sahara, survived sandstorm at Giza Pyramids & visited Cleopatra’s wedding gift. Saw one of the best Flamenco performances in the world. I became a Dual Citizen. Traveled through and lived in Morocco. Shared food with a Nomad family in the desert. Experienced a contact high in Chefchaouen & stayed at the WORST hotel in the world. Explored Tangier with a French writer and was invited to a home of a descendant of Russian Nobility. Fell in love with Catalonia. Lived in Moscow for 3 months after 9 years of absence. Experienced Russian Extreme. Cut and donated 17 inches of my curls to charity. (28, I will miss you dearly…you were one of the best years of my life)
29. Tasted freedom of the Greek Soul. Slept in a Cave. Tried to Be Italian. Rocked it front row at the Pet Shop Boys concert in Barcelona. Police officer in Venice stopped the train for me. With the help of museum security skipped the line to see David. Lived in a villa next to George Clooney in Laglio, Como. Got drenched inside one of the main fountains in Como & partied like a rock star. Swam topless in South of France. Ran under the rain in Paris. Got in a fight with Russian mobsters at a strip club in Saint Petersburg. Slept in a Capsule Hotel in Tokyo. Was given childhood back for one day in Kuala Lumpur.
30. Made a clear and well-thought-out choice / decision, to live my life child-free. Became a frequent guest of The McKittrick Hotel (oh, the golden era, how i wish to live in you), where I also had a chance to completely succumb to debauchery, music, art, dance and chaos at a “studio 54-like party”. Fell in love with New York.
Stepped on 5th Continent and visited Swingers Club for the first time in Argentina. Was at Obelisk on 13th of July. Rode horses bareback, stood naked after sauna under the milky way and left a big part of my heart at “El Galope” in Uruguay. Spent a day at the only UNESCO site in Paraguay. Became a true Amazon Woman. Lost my best friend, my family, my teacher, my inspiration – The Great, Eddie Rouse – Actor, Musician, Poet, Artist, The Legend. Galloped bareback on the beach and swam with a horse in the Caribbean. Spent Christmas and NYE 2014 in Havana, Cuba. Decided to become a permanent nomad.
“What in your life is calling you? When all the noise is silenced, the meetings adjourned, the lists laid aside, and the wild iris blooms by itself in the dark forest, what still pulls on your soul? In the silence between your heartbeats hides a summons, do you hear it? Name it, if you must, or leave it forever nameless, but why pretend it is not there?” – The Terma Collective
Social status has never been a goal or a priority of mine. I can’t tell the difference between jimmy choos and prada. To me it’s just a shiny wrapper with no substance or real value. Our world today has more important issues to deal with, than a decision making of what brand of shoes to buy this afternoon or what color the highlights should be. Agree?
We get bombarded with slogans that scream at us that we’re not good enough, cool enough, young enough, beautiful enough…fill in the blank…
→ You are enough! ←
You are beautiful and unique in your own amazing way! Don’t ever let anyone sabotage or doubt that… not even yourself. What matters at the end of the day are not things at all … It’s all those shared moments of laughter, joy, love and everything in between with people we love. It’s about creating yourself, discovering the world around us and helping each other along the way. And it’s also about dancing while the music is being played…
True story, Word of Honor:
Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer now dead, and I were at a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island. I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel to know that our host only yesterday may have made more money than your novel ‘Catch-22′ has earned in its entire history?” And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.” And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?” And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.” Not bad! Rest in peace!” — Kurt Vonnegut
This is my LIFE & WORK. I write about my journey, with all its heartbreak, passion & joy. This is a personal memoir. All the juicy and really naughty parts are going into the print version.
Let There Always Be A Road…
– Legal Disclaimer –
*** All Images, videos, ideas and text displayed on http://www.mselenalevontraveling.com are protected by Copyright Laws and cannot be reproduced in any manner without written permission. If you would like to use any of imagery and text displayed on this site, you may send a request. ***
Copyright 2011-2015. Ms. Elena Levon Traveling. All Rights Reserved
*** This website gets thousands of comments. It mistakes some of them for spam and sends them directly to spam folder of over 100 k spam comments.***
The woman behind the years …